Saturday, March 31, 2012

To the Sir with Love (Producer's Notes)







As you may or may not know, Sir Ridley Scott and a late addition, Michael Fassbender to the viewing panel of his (YOU)R Film Festival 2012 submissions today at midnight (I think). I know the pool is deep, considering this was a Global Film Festival. 






My production notes have already been posted in the blog posted (here). Keep checking back, because, sorry to say, this Coffee thing is not even close to over. 
On Monday, March 26th, I alerted my Twitter Followers that I have officially surprised myself and fellow patrons with a screening of my film that premiered amongst other zany acts, filled with comedy, self destruction, and song. This took place @ The Rio Theatre (Open Mic) March 21st, 2012. 


Ridley Scott on Your Film Festival 




My journey in filmmaking, as you may or may not know was not a peachy or rosy in a lot of ways. To be quite honest, it has been hellish in many ways. But, with hell there is heaven, but I choose to stay on the ground (whatever this means). So, as you may or may not know, I am now in pre-production with a much more ambitious film, that may take a long time, or a short time to do. Reality is definitely a factor in every aspect of life, no matter how much you deny it. As a disclaimer, as I am doing this for peanuts, every filmmaker has to choose certain battles to fight, and you know what 


Billy Walsh says: You Can't go into war unprepared and under financed. 


As a springing young film producer, there are many things to producing and financing a film that a lot of people do not know about. There are LAWS and REGULATIONS even for low-budget independent films. Along this journey, I will be keeping this blog post open to Producer Notes: With my own sheet and what proven and established Film Producer's do to get a great project going. As always, the beneficiaries will be my personal followers, as I do give tips on all aspects of the creative art of entertainment. Also, on my FILMMAKERIQ page. Which will be much more TECHNICAL. 


#disclaimer the press release is located (here)
##There is ALOT/A LOT more where this came from baby! But, it does require cooperation, creative instinct, financial risk and rewards, and a lot of persistence from here on and out!  


Without Further Ado,
Released from the Basement of
The Vancouver Film School

MY FIRST EVER! SOUND FILM (diegetic sound) 
LONDON FOG
BY CARMICHAEL REID
(the fictional notes)
[EXT] - NIGHT - COFFEE SHOP CORNER


A cold but familiar blast of Pacific Oceanic air surrounded our young protagonist throughout the night. Tired and weathered by the midnight folley, he decided to pop into a corner coffee shop for a night cap to ease his soul from the disappointments of his grim and depleting social life. It was Saturday Night, which he spent his time, surfing the internet, his only friend at this moment of time. Abondoned by his friends for most their own endeavours, which he does not blame, he sat down, note book in hand and his invisible girlfriend popped in and out his mind for a grim second. Why hold a grudge, when the future is so bright. Revealing their true ideas and motives in life after high school, he began to think and think and think. Until he could think no more. Meanwhile, a mysterious, short, older fellow, he looks and sounds like he's from South Korea, has approached him rather rudely and ...




Moments passed, and young protagonist went right back to what he was doing. In a New York Minute it seemed that, a burly, yet cordial, police officer approached him and--


On the Reel. 


What a difference a day made. As everyone knows, I would like you guys to share the video so it can get some views.
Thanks.







So, you know....


Carmichael Reid @ #I don't like Carmichael Reid and I'm Blade Running 4 my Life


In the spirit of the YOUTUBE festival  who is really interested in setting up a sort to Profess-ual sit down gaining some real advice and stuff to put on their piece on youtube. One time only. Thanks!


The email is up on the blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment