Thursday, December 8, 2011

Carmichael Reid "meets" Bruce McDonald

 
This story is (not) reel. 
A complete figment of my
imagination. 
So (don't) believe a word I type.
But, in 2009, I got to meet Mr. Bruce McDonald when
I stop showing up to class @ University of Manitoba.
or showing up way too drunk for class.
Live in the flesh for his FIRST SHOWING in Canada in Winnipeg of his
Critically Acclaimed Zombie Picture... 
"PONTYPOOL"
He had some words of wisdom for me.
Anyways,
I'll tell the story later. 
Anyways,
Another guy named Guy Maddin was there teaching too. 
Anyways,
Bruce McDonald, 
one of the most successful Canadian Directors, if not the most, in Canadian directing history
Denis Villenueve, David Croenenberg, Guy Maddin, Atom Egoyan 
They all have great stories to tell. 
But even, 
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce
needs a reel. 


So,
Now, hopefully I get a chance to meet him so I can make this official. 
But the Bruce McDonald Watch/Tribute Page commences today!



His IMDB is ROBUST!

He's working on a television series called the Transporter. It's just in pre-production, so he can get fired at any moment. No one is safe in the bizz.
The Coolest Documentary about Rock n' Roll in Toronto
Supplement this with Marty Scorsese's Bob Dylan "No Direction Home" and 
it's nice.


Anyways, Hardcore Logo 2 is close to being done. Here's the Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment