Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MAJOR NEWS: From DWA

Jeffery Katzenberg(h) is an EXTREMELY busy man these days. He did not make it to the major table a couple weeks ago, who featured major hitters in the entertainment business to join President Barack Obama in a dinner of minds. I wonder if Katzenberg didn't show up because they found the gun hiding behind the toilet?
I am will be honest here. I applied to DreamWorks Animation as a Training Coordinator, and was put off by a video that I don't think Steven Spielberg or Jeffery Katzenberg understandably didn't see before it was uploaded onto YouTube last weekend before the premiere of Puss N Boots. I described the video insensitive to artists, and will be apart of "Trailer Studies 101" as it is a really great video to deconstruct. The DreamWorks team have been more than kind to myself, and drops of gratitude to certain people who have given me a great oppurtunity to join the Dream Team. But if all else fails, I am not going to sulk or become discouraged that I stood up for what I believe in for artists who invest a lot of time and money for great and grand scales of effort to make Puss N Boots 3D what it is today. Moving on to the good stuff, Katzenberg said he wanted $35M give or take and the movie made that on Halloween weekend with Paranormal Activity (a 2-D) horror franchise that destroyed its competitors in its opening week. Despite a blizzard on the Atlantic, this movie still managed to come up on top. As, I have got many different headlines differentiating in opinion if Puss N Boots was a success or not, I still have to believe what J.K told THR about his predictions. Which turned out to be a fact. A bulls eye. With this new and improved perception in the DWA camp, Mr. Katzenberg has announced that they are opening their own distribution branch to push the medium to the fullest. As they are a fully functional Animation house, this is the next move. It's defined as bold but it's truly simple. As I will display the entire article after the jump, this really puts any of the rumours and gossip mills to bed. This is a topic I know and love, and will be elaborating on for a very extensively for a long time. In the meantime, I'm patiently awaiting a phone call wink wink. In the meantime, Dream Away DWA and have a nice day.
-Carmichael Reid

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dreamworks-jeffrey-katzenberg-distribution-paramount-256144?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign==?utf-8?B?TWFpbGluZyBFeGNsdXNpdmU6IERyZWFtV29ya3MnIEplZmZyZXkgS2F0emVuYmVyZyBDb25zaWRlcnMgQm9sZCBFeHBhbnNpb24oMTEvMDIvMjAxMSAwMzozNzowMSBQTSk=?=&utm_content=

No comments:

Post a Comment