Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Mountain Top: Mouthstache or no Mouthstache?

Samuel L. Jackson as MLK. Now he may be in contention to own the two most prolific mouthstaches in cultural history, including his own.
I think segregators were not only haters of skin color. They were haters of mouthstaches worn by people of different skin colors. The title of this blog is a classic line from what I saw on this Saturday evening watching Ms. O'Brien give another decent and introspective and first time look at the motel room MLK was staying in before he was assassinated by the CIA. What timing that J. Edgar Hoover's film is opening next week. The historical depictions keep on coming, and this is my very first theatre entry, hopefully it will not be the last. Mountain top. Not to steal any thunder from this great piece but there is another great one man show by Giancarlo Esposito, "Buggin' Out" in Do the Right Thing. He portrays Huey Newton in a One Man show, I'll link that up too. The usual suspects in the African/Black-American community are in attendance, I just cannot seem to find the actual interview with Soledad O'Brien, which was the reason I am putting this up. But just to maybe a little colour on a red carpet these days, sits well with me. This and RED Tails would be a DREAM come true. But, I'll probably have to blu-ray Mountain Top. Red Tails, I'll enjoy it double time to make up for it!

The Mountain Top Website is: http://www.themountaintopplay.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment