Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Descending into Hell's Winter.

Weird how things work out. For or against you it's really all perspective when it comes down to it. When I was just starting to get into film, it was always music first. I went to the record store and bought Cage's new album, he was rawer than Eminem at the time, who was going through his "experimental' goofy stage and I need something that connected. Definitive Jux is the label that represents these New York rappers, such as Aesop Rock, Cage, Mr. Lif, but the owner is El Producto or El-P for short. They have always had some sort of influence on me, but it was Hell's Winter that really did it in for me. While obsessing about this album, I got into every blog, board that I could get into to get as much information about Cage and the crew. More after the jump!


During the exploration of 2001 (I'm not kidding), I some how came across this project that him and Shia LeBeouf were chatting about. I remember the interview word for word, but I'll paraphrase. Cage was getting sick and tired of film students(I never inquired, because I had no idea what film was at the time) calling or trying to get into contact with him to do a bio pic and the only person that he could see himself playing him, is Shia LeBoeuf. Which was very strange and to me still doesn't make sense. But they are going ahead with it. Here's their new collaboration together with Kid Cudi. "Maniac" which dropped on October 31st 2011. Again, this will be discussed later on in Violence Studies: Art Imitating Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment