Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Negotiations and questions about Ashlie Gough's death and solutions to prevent furthermore... Anywhere.

This tragedy continues...
@OCCUPY VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
THE RECORDED uncut VIDEO AND PICTURES FROM THE NEGOTIATING TABLE (November 13 2011 around midnight)
(this is as much as I could videotape off my i-phone...)
**Thanks for Occupy Vancouver for letting me tape the negotiations
More Importantly.... Remembering Ashlie.
http://thetyee.ca/News/2011/11/09/Ashlie-Gough-Obituary/



The coordinators of OCCUPY VANCOUVER and I got involved in negotiations to try to fix this situation to prevent any more possible unsupervised use illicit drugs and alcohol that led to Ashlie Gough's death by overdose. The video(s) will show as much as I could. While cooperating to find a solution. The facts are that there were ZERO on staff nurses, supervisors or medics that could even save an overdose if it ever occurred, as it did, and took a life. As the talks went on over the wording of the transcript that is being presented for review to the Mayor of Vancouver, I drew examples, from my experience @Shambhala as their care team were top notch and set in place for possible hard drug overdoses. In the document we laid out the criteria of what hard drugs consist of:
Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, PCP, Opium, and Ecstacy.
The knowledge of the use could not be enforced either way, which was my outburst in the first video. As they can be no way to observe without entering their tents. I proposed that we can stay over night, and tap on the tents periodically to make sure every one is okay. This was shot down. It is possible they may have come to their senses. 
We came to terms that weed was still not tolerated, but not as big of matter, due to the low potential of overdosing. I concurred. 
 The coordinator admitted that there could be no way to get any support staff to prevent any sort of events like overdoses possible. I briefly walked out in astonishment. As I returned they were still deliberating over the wording, not to take a hardline against my proposed ban and aggressive supervision of narcotics on the Vancouver Art Gallery space. As (re)wording continued, it was just really a sight to see. A true disappointment in the management of a movement that could of had some steam. As it was pointed out by the man across from me that this could have happened anywhere, and the possible (occupiers) could have and had prior addiction problems upon entering the VAG. I pointed out that that his point was correct. There could be no possible way to figure out a way not to infringe on rights of the occupiers to relieve any sort of events like this from ever happening again. I responded that, Occupy Vancouver is in the spotlight, Ashlie's death made International News (CNN) and a well prepared document showing a complete commitment towards elimination of this happening any further would show responsibility towards this. Upon hearing no (movement) on my proposed ideas of securing the space. I walked out for good when my opposing ideas and solutions for the safety of the occupants were knocked down due to no resources to be put in place. As I do not know the final draft that was put out, it will be put towards the committee later on this week for review, hopefully there is a flash of light upon this dark matter.  


This is the initial document before revision
Ashlie Gough was only 23 Occupy Vancouver Victim Dies of Cocaine and Heroin Overdose
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ashlie+Gough+died+after+drug+overdose+Occupy+Vancouver+protest/5703969/story.html

2 comments:

  1. What evidence do you have that aggrandized scare tactics such as these are more effective than truthful information and harm reduction policies at preventing drug abuse by young people or anyone at all? Perhaps they work for some, but is it the best strategy moving forward? It seems to me that this has already been a rinsed-out piece-meal tactic that's been tried in various forms over the past 50-odd years. If we have good reasons for how or why this propaganda actually reduces substance abuse, I'd like to hear them.
    -Remi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't direct Dave.
    Darren Aronofsky did.
    Ask him.
    But, I find it funny how I have to defend this. Drugs do this to people. I have seen it. I have had friends brutally murdered because of drugs. You will see soon.

    Thanks Dave.

    ReplyDelete